Lucknow: Recognition of 12 Ayurvedic colleges of UP canceled, Including two colleges of Agra also
Lucknow: A big news has come from the state capital Lucknow regarding Ayurvedic colleges. According to the latest news, the recognition of 12 Ayurvedic colleges of UP has been cancelled. In which two Ayurvedic colleges of Agra are also included.
In these colleges, it has been decided to cancel the recognition if the standards are not met. The Central Council of Ayurvedic Medicine has decided to cancel the recognition of 12 private colleges in different districts of Uttar Pradesh for this session. Guidelines have also been issued in this regard. Due to this decision of Central Ayurvedic Medical Council, 880 seats of BAMS are stuck. According to Dr. Umakant, in-charge of AYUSH counseling, there were 880 BAMS seats in 12 colleges. These seats have now been removed from the list. The second phase of counseling for admission to AYUSH courses will start from March 3. In such a situation, students may have to face tough competition for admission in Ayurveda colleges this year.
There are eight Government Ayurvedic Colleges in the state. There are 550 seats in BAMS. There are 50 private Ayurvedic colleges.
Colleges whose recognition was canceled-
- Apex Medical College Mirzapur,
- Bhagwant Ayurvedic Medical College Bijnor,
- Prem Raghu Ayurvedic Medical College Hathras,
- Shanti Ayurvedic Medical College Ballia,
- JD Ayurvedic Medical College Aligarh,
- KV Ayurvedic Medical College Agra,
- MD Ayurvedic Medical College Agra,
- Dr. Anar Singh Medical College Farrukhabad,
- Shaheed Narendra Ayurvedic Medical College Aligarh,
- SNS K Ayurvedic Medical College Ghazipur,
- Ayurvedic Medical College Shikohabad-Firozabad,
- Krishna Ayurvedic Medical College Varanasi.