Lucknow : Election Commission held a press conference in Lucknow today regarding the UP Assembly elections. During this, Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra said, “Representatives of all political parties met us and told us that elections should be conducted on time following all the COVID19 protocols.” Also he said that voting in this election. Information about the timings will be given soon.
The commission held a meeting on Monday to assess the COVID-19 situation amid Omicron’s ever-increasing infection in the polling states. Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan was asked to expedite the administration of the second dose of the vaccine in these states. He said, “After discussion with the political parties, the situation was reviewed by meeting all the SP, DIG, Commissioner. After this discussion was held with all the nodal officers. Lastly, he interacted with the Chief Secretary, DGP and other officers. All the parties demanded the conduct of elections on time, following the Kovid protocol. Some parties expressed concern over the rallies being followed without the Kovid protocol.
The Election Commission also said that some political parties are against more rallies. He said that assembly elections would be held in the state with full protocol. At the same time, he also said that the final voter list will be made public by January 5.
All the big things from the Election Commission’s press conference:
- There was talk with political parties regarding the election.
- All 11 documents will be valid for voting.
- Facility of voting at home to the elderly and disabled.
- There will be deployment of women polling officers at 800 polling stations.
- political parties want timely assembly elections.
- All political parties have demanded from the Election Commission that the assembly elections should be held on time with the Covid protocol.
- More and more people should be part of the electoral process.
- Number of about 15 crore voters in UP. More than 52 lakh new voters have joined.
- Final voter list will be released by January 5.
- Number of rallies and suggestion to limit the number of rallies.
- The number of polling booths in UP will be increased to 11 thousand.